Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thanksgiving in Amsterdam!


Thanksgiving this year was awesome! No mashed potatoes or cheeseball but I got to do my favorite thing...travel! Me and my sister Alisa (Hanny) went to Amsterdam for the weekend. Yes, Amsterdam! We went for an Explorica convention, the travel company my brother-in-law works for. It was a fast trip but we had such a great time! Justin went and visited Russ and Dana in Idaho, Dana was nice enough to put up with him and Russ together for 5 whole days (and that is no small thing!). Thank you both, Justin had a great time with your family! We have so many great pictures, it's going to be hard to narrow them down! Here are some favorites.
Walking around Amsterdam our first day, this is at the Dam. No flip flops here...it's cold!


I love this picture. It was so pretty there with all the canals and the canal houses were really cool. We got to take a canal cruise one night and see it all by boat.


They had the BEST fries in Amsterdam. They had whole restaurants that sold only fries. Check out the logo though...??? I don't know how that sells fries but apparently it does. The place was packed and all around you would see people walking with their cones of fries. Mmm, they were delicious. I think we had them with every meal.


At the flower market.


In front of the Anne Frank house. This was a highlight of our trip. We both read the book right before we came so it was fresh in our minds. It was amazing to see where everything happened and the small size of the rooms they had to live in for so long.


We got to go to a wooden shoe factory and see how they are made. We didn't see anyone but apparently alot of people still wear wooden shoes in the Netherlands. They were actually pretty comfortable!


What can I say, I like windmills! The countryside was beautiful!



At the cheese factory. Why does this cow look so worried?



We got to go to Volendam, a traditional fishing village outside of Amsterdam. It was so pretty!
So Thanksgiving this year was not traditional for us but we had so much fun! I can't wait for our next trip!

12 comments:

Alisa said...

Nice pictures....ummmmmmm...how bout sharing them? Just kidding. I know I still need to get you copies of the one from my camera.Did we really do that? It all seems like a dream now.

Heidi said...

Hey Stacy,
Love the pictures! It looks like it was so much fun. Who cares about eating Turkey!
Glad that you had a great trip.
Love, Heidi

Unknown said...

I LOVE the pictures!! that is awesome, my dad went there on his mission, and has wooden shoes. So cool!! Also I love the Anne Frank story thats really cool that you got to see all that!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Russ and Dana... said...

Your trip looks so happy! Russ was happy while you had your trip he and Justin could hang out! Nothing changes-they're freaking hilarious! Good times...
Dana

The Gwynns said...

Looks like you had a great time! I am sure the fries were even better than turkey! :)

Cicily said...

You sure know how to hold an audience. You post all these wonderful events. Did I know you were going to Amsterdam, was that approved by me? How fun, what a great trip. I want to see more pictures. On a side note, Elmer's is closing in May so get your fill while you can. I'm really not obsessed with Elmer's we just went there the other night. Okay, so I might dream about it sometimes.

Joe and Laura said...

Jealousy nothing more than Jealousy... (this is being sang in the 'memories' tone). Well, seriously that looks so dang awesome, eat your heart out Lisa Pratt... j/k all jokes aside, that is so AWESOME you got to do that! You're really pretty.

Mary Ann said...

Oh my gosh! What an awesome experience. You and your sister are beautiful and that is so fun that you got to go on the once in a lifetime trip with her! I love all the pics! I miss you! Hope to see you soon!

Dizzy Kate said...

Oh my goodness! That is so much fun. I would love to visit where Anne Frank stayed. I'm a little obcessed with World War 2 history. I would love to go to Europe and visit all the sights. It looks like you and your sister had a blast.

March said...

like your pictures!

Unknown said...

Stacy that looks so fun. I loved looking at the pictures. It sure would be fun to go on a trip like that, I wouldn't miss the Thanksgiving dinner at all!!

Gage Harris said...

you guys are so lucky, how come my mom didny take me?