Monday, June 16, 2008

My wife is Wii-tarded 64!!

So Stacy bought us a Wii about a month ago because she wanted to play MarioKart. If any of you have a Wii, you probably know how hard it is to find MarioKart. You also must know how much all the extra's cost for these things, not to mention buying games at $50 a piece. She was super excited to get MarioKart, as time went by and we couldn't find it at any of the stores (every store either just sold the last one, or were just waiting for the new shipment), her excitement dulled until she finally decided to sell the stupid thing. Luckily we have a nephew that was in the market for a new gaming system.

I thought she had gotten all of this video game non-sense out of her system. Then we visited my parents house to see my brother and his family that had come down from Orem for the week. Well they brought their Wii and their MarioKart. Stacy, who is way better than me at video games, was hooked. We had already told her nephew that he could buy our Wii so she was now in quite the quandry. Always the thinker, she pulled out an old N64 that we had when we first got married. She then found her way to eBay and it was on. She found MarioKart and SuperMario 64. They arrived last week and I am pretty sure she has been playing them everyday since.

Just now I was watching a very entertaining re-run of Scrubs on Comedy Central when she kicked me off the TV so she could play. I took this picture so I could show you what I have been looking at for the last 2 hrs of my life.

My wife may be a Wii-tard, but she is my Wii-tard and I love her for it. (She is super hot too. Especially when she makes me PB&H)

10 comments:

Heather K said...

We just got a Wii a few months ago and we love MARIO Kart the best! Sydney can even play it! I don't usually like games but I love Wii! I'll come play with you Stacy if Justin won't.

Alisa said...

Do you guys want Gage to sell you back the Wii? Because he will if you have sellers regret. I'm not kidding....just say the word.

ltandjbcox said...

Nice bean bag! Oh, wait, that must be Stacy's head. . . she nearly matches the bureau. I tried Mario Cart when we were up in Utah and I totally do NOT have the knack. Good luck to the both of you, sharpening those gaming skills.

Becky Montoya Wright said...

i think you need to establish some rules for stacy before it gets out of control :) also, you are much more skilled at creating an interesting artistic looking blog--in fact, i'm finding that everyone's blog blows doors on mine in that area. fun stuff. Love, Becky

Team Seguritan said...

So the title of your blog alone is hilarious...did I spell that right?

KT

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

Hey there! I am jealous. I want a WII. I want the WII fit to get my butt in shape!

Can you please email me your address? Thanks!!!

hallamy@hotmail.com
Let's do dinner soon!!!

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

Hey there! I am jealous. I want a WII. I want the WII fit to get my butt in shape!

Can you please email me your address? Thanks!!!

hallamy@hotmail.com
Let's do dinner soon!!!

Mary Ann said...

i'm not suprised stacey is better at justin at video games.. she is pretty awesome and i wish i lived closer so i could play too! :O)

Joe and Laura said...

stacy, i'd like to lie and say i'm shocked, but i'm not. real typical. let's hang out.

Becky Montoya Wright said...

After seeing you this weekend, I realized I must have misunderstood your story, so I came back for another try. I thought Stacy sold the original Wii to her nephew and then bought another Wii & a nintendo 64 off ebay. I'm not very educated on video game terminology. I think I get it now--phew. Also wanted to tell you that Joslin mentioned several times how much fun Justin and Stacy are. Thought you would want to know that in the world of 12 year old girls, you're popular.