Wednesday, April 14, 2010

March 2010

So it's come to my attention (thanks Amy!) that we have in fact done a few things in the last 6 months. So here is what we have been up to...

Red Knolls & Box Canyon- March 5&6, 2010

Min and Eric invited us all up to Fort Thomas to celebrate Zane's birthday and go for a ride up Box Canyon. Friday night Eric cooked up some delicious pizza (which somehow I don't have any pictures of). Joslin was spending the weekend with us too so that night we decided to take her and Gage out to Red Knolls to do some exploring. On the way there we told them all the scary stories we knew about the place (which I think freaked me out more than them). Unfortunately me and Justin hadn't been there for so long and couldn't remember how to get in to any of the good caves. We had fun exploring though and did find our way to the top a couple of times. Where Gage (lovingly I'm sure) kept saying "OK Mom!" as told them over and over "Watch out for that hole!" and "Get back from the edge!". Sheesh, its a totally different experience when you are responsible for someone! The last time I was there the only one I had to worry about falling down a hole or off the edge was me. I felt pretty old. That and my aching hip didn't help either.
Spider monkey Joslin- she was fearless.

Gage must have been standing on a rock. Or I was in a hole. He really can't be that much taller than me can he?!

Box Canyon-
All the girls in Eric's Samurai (aka Benny Ninja).
Justin got the Jeep through some pretty tight spaces (causing only minor body damage).
If you were wondering, we got our awesome posing skills from our Mom.



Our delicious picnic lunch.
This family loves rocks (thanks Dad). Here are the kids trying to excavate some geodes from the rock.
I love this little girl and her "missing teeth".
Gage drove me all the way up the canyon and back in the Rhino. I was pretty impressed by his driving skills.
Box Canyon was awesome!! Thanks Richards for the adventure.

BBQ- March 13, 2010
We've been eating out on the back porch a lot since the weather has been so nice.




Take out from Buca de Beppo- March 20, 2010





Makutus Island- March 23, 2010

We planned on going to the zoo while the Richards were in town but of course it rained that day so we decided to go to Makutus Island instead. Its fun but I need to remember I'm not young anymore... stupid banana slide.

Ummm.... Joey? Maybe you need to have a talk with your cute little girl.



Stacy's birthday- March 26

I really wanted to go somewhere we don't usually go for my birthday so me and Justin, Hanny and Joey and my Mom went to Benihanas. It was so fun and good food too!
Our chef put on a pretty good show.

My delicious spicy tofu.

5 comments:

Alisa said...

Wow. That's a lot of new posts you got there. I'm very proud! And I'm stealing some of the pictures.

Heather K said...

Holy alot of posts! I don't know what to comment on! You guys know how to have fun! You both look just the same too and look super HOT! Benihannas is delicious! I think I will go there for my Bday too! Red Knulls brought back the memories! Miss you guys!

Team Seguritan said...

That was so fun to read. I got a laugh out of where you got your awesome posing skills...I've always wondered :)

Team Seguritan said...

That was so fun to read. I got a laugh out of where you got your awesome posing skills...I've always wondered :)

ltandjbcox said...

Be honest. . . .you didn't post anything new for quite a while. . .so I just barely caught up with all your doings!! Fun stuff. . . .I look forward to your blog about the new little Outback. . .Dad, said from the 15th floor of the hospital he didn't get a very good look at it:)
Stacy, missed seeing you over the weekend. . .I hope Justin saved you some corn. . .see you up in UT!!