Saturday, March 28, 2009

Italy 2009!

We had a fantastic time on our trip to Italy!  Here are lots of pictures to prove it.  We will not bog you down with very well written long stories (like last year).  Just some very well written captions. 

In the airport in London we ran into Trent Hoffman on the way to his mission in Mozambique.  He was one of Justins deacons and Joeys mission prep students.  It was really cool!

Milan and Como-

After almost 24 hours we finally arrived in Milan!
On Lake Como, about an hour north of Milan.  Beautiful scenery, including George Clooneys THREE villas (not pictured).

"I'm on a boat!"

I jump the Milan Duomo.
Justin jumps.
Me and my nephew Gage (Whammy!) Big doors at the Duomo.

Verona-
The castle at Verona.
This is a really cool bridge going into the castle at Verona.
I jump Verona bridge.
Joey, Gage and Justin by the arena. 
Justin by a ginormous Roman-Greco.  (That's for you Russ!)

Venice-
The Doges Palace.  I loved that place- a ton of amazing art...others weren't so excited.  (Not the only time that happened on this trip.)
Whammy!
One of the many picturesque canals.

Florence and Pisa-
The Duomo in Florence.
Lots of ceiling art in Italy!
Hold it!
Don't act like you're not impressed!  Going up the stairs, can you tell which side of the tower we are on?  (Notice the stairs and wall are worn on one side).  It felt like a funhouse going up.   
At the very top of the tower!
Yeah, I'm doin it too.
I jump Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Back in Florence, in front of the Neptune Fountain.
I jump Florence.
Gates of Paradise.
Rubbing the boars nose-this means we will come back to Florence!  It'd better work...
A view of Florence.

Assisi-
This is where St. Francis of Assisi is from.  Justin hand models the cathedral they built to honor him.
Assisi's really pretty!

Rome-
I jump the Colosseum!
This place was great big.  Really cool.  Short sentences.
The Arch of Constantine.  
The Roman Forum.
St. Peters Basilica.
St. Angel castle and the bridge (below) were built between 117 and 138!


At little dark but this is in front of the Trevi Fountain.

That is our trip in a picture-shell.  If any of you have thought about going to Italy, I would say "just go man".   It was super fun and we look forward to any trips we might be able to take again in the future.  A big shout out to Joseph Marie Edwin Sanchez Harris for letting us tag along.  

10 comments:

Heather K said...

That looked like an amazing time! Who new all that cool stuff was in Italy! I would love to go anywhere in Europe someday. Honestly, my favorite was the "I'm on a Mother FN BOAT" picture! he he You guys would still be our friends if we lived closer. I showed that video one night to some nurses at work, hoping we would all giggle. They did not laugh at all and I felt stupid.

The Gwynns said...

Well I finally checked your blog... hope you are happy. :) jk. Love the pictures... so did Stacy actually jump from location to location? She must be a new Hero (from the series) or something. :) Anyways, love you guys and the puppies are very cute.

Team Seguritan said...

That is SOOO cool. I just finished reading Angels and Demons and totally want to go there and have things being destroyed all around me. And I think Stacy m ay be a better jumper than Justin, maybe it's the toe touch thing:) Glad you guys had fun. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

So much fun!!

Joe and Laura said...

I love seeing the fun trip pictures. I'm moving not far from you guys so we'll have to hang out soon. So what's with all the jumping in the pics? You'll have to tell me later.

Becky Montoya Wright said...

You guys seriously have the coolest life ever! Amazing pictures. Glad you could do your part holding up those buildings. Thanks a ton for all the help with mom's bday. The photos were fantastic, and the song--wow! Look forward to someone posting it online. See you soon.

ltandjbcox said...

Nice photos. Captions superb. Jumping awesome. Short sentences.

Mary Ann said...

Oh my heck! How fun! That place looks amazing and you are so stinkin cute I love all the jumping pics. Your puppies are so so tiny and adorable. My girls would love them. I miss you and want to get together soon!

Michelle said...

What fun! You haven't lost your pep for life Justin! What an incredible trip! I saw the birthday song to your mom too! Keep loving life! You and your wife are adorable!

Michelle Hall (Pullin)

Cass and Natalia said...

Awesome pics, you are so fun! Haven't seen you in forever, I miss you! Those puppies are very cute, i think I want a little dog, but Cass wouldn't be as excited as I. Can I come on your next trip??!! Hope all is well, take care!