Sunday, July 5, 2009

Why yes, we have been painting.


When we showed up we realized we had both brought and excess of snacks...layoff we're starving!!

Hurt nose bump.


When we are painting we are pretty much a mess covered in paint. For some reason when we go anywhere the first thing every person always say is "You've been painting!" and then they laugh like it is the most funny original thing thats ever been said. Thank you Captain Obvious. Occasionally we get something different, like one time a lady asked me if I worked at the zoo. What? This week we were painting in Globe and on the 3rd day we went in the same Chevron to get our beverages and as I was checking out the guy at the register asked me if my clothes were the new style. So of course I told him yes it was a new style and he tells me "There is a girl that comes in well, semi-regularly, (and I knew right then he was talking about Mindy) actually I thought you were her, and she is covered in paint and I never asked her but I thought either it is a new style or she is painting alot!". So if you are ever in Globe and see people wearing paint covered clothes, we started that.

After painting doors for over three years we decided to also start painting and decorative painting interiors. People always ask us if we do that but we were always busy with doors so we didn't. Since were not so busy with that now we decided to branch out. We've been practicing in our homes and families and feel confident now. Especially after seeing some of the horrible paint jobs in these million dollar homes we knew we could do better. So this week we had our first official job in Globe. It was a rental and he wanted the entire thing painted, including popcorn ceilings! Nothing fancy but we figured we have to start somewhere. It was definitely not what we were used to...we were still hot and dirty and it was hard work, I guess mostly it was the scenery that changed. I won't go into details but lets just say we weren't exactly soaking our feet in the pool eating nachos and enjoying the waterfall!

There are definitely highs and lows when we are painting. Luckily we seem to be able to have fun even when things are not so good. When Mindy just can't go on anymore we have to listen to the Killers version of Romeo and Juliet (over and over again if necessary) and we listened to it quite a few times on this job! I finally made a mix that had it every few songs and that seemed to work pretty well. Towards the end though we were so beat that wasn't even working. I know if that song doesn't get her singing she's got some pretty bad silent despair. She did take most of the corn though and I owe her big time for that! Lets see what else...I got soaked when halfway through one of the downpours I realized I left my suitcase in the back of the truck, a guy at the top of the hill didn't park his truck right and rolled all the way down the steep hill hitting two telephone poles. I was really lucky it didn't roll my way and take out my truck. When I got home Justin had clean the entire house! He gets best husband award for that one. I can't think of anything else, I think I might have blocked it out. There's a nice long post for you Dad, hopefully Mindy will do a better job!

2 comments:

Brandon Beecroft said...

Awesome! I can't wait for you to come up and paint now that you are a professional! We have a whole house in need of painting. Woohoo!

The Rich-Ardos said...

Thanks for posting the most disgusting pictures of me you could find. I notice that you look very cute, though! That's ok- I really am just a piece of corn...